Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Love song

I used to think love songs were the styrofoam cup of music. With war, injustice, great works of literature and art, how could a love song compete? Almost twenty years ago, in a hospital ER room, my ignorance of love met a teacher. My heart was unconditionally given too another that night. We celebrated our seventeenth wedding anniversary this past summer. I love you baby. It took me about ten years of softening before I wrote her an honest love song. Most of what I write now... love songs.  

LOVE is the biggest little word ever sung, spoken or screamed. It's about Jesus and what he did for us, it's holding your daughters hand, it's considering others before yourself. We "need" water, food, shelter and love. The things we "want" just don't seam as meaningful. What "love" song spoke to you?

1 comment:

  1. "there's a love that's divine, and it's yours and it's mine.". Have I Told You Lately, written by Van Morrison

    ReplyDelete